Viofo A129 Pro Firmware
Firmware updates for Viofo Pro A129 dash camera. This includes the A129 Pro DUO.
Caution! Incorrectly installing firmware can cause your camera to become inoperable. Sometimes permanently. Firmware listed on this site comes directly from the manufacturer. Install at your own risk and only if you feel confident in doing so.
Do not try to install this on the regular A129 DUO camera!! It won’t install, but still, don’t try!
A129 Pro Update Instructions:
1. Download the firmware file
2. Unzip (if needed) the FWA129P.bin file using available unzip programs, e.g. WinZip or 7-Zip
3. Copy the FWA129P.bin file directly onto the microSD card root file, not in any folders (card must be in Fat32 format – formatting the card inside the camera will make it Fat32). Using a card reader is the recommended way to get the file onto the memory card.
4. Insert the microSD card into the camera and power it on via a 5V/1A power source, e.g. USB wall charger, cigarette lighter car adapter or power bank, it will start upgrade automatically. Do not use your computers USB ports!
5. While upgrading, the front REC red LED starts blinking (the light blinks slowly at the beginning, then blinks quickly), when the lights stop blinking, that means the upgrade is finished. The camera will restart and the firmware file will be deleted automatically.
6. IMPORTANT!! Now go into the menu and manually default your cameras settings. Do not miss this step!
7. Once the camera restarts, use a paper clip, or something similar, and press the reset button on the side of the camera. There is the letter R just above the reset button hole on the left side of the camera. Press and hold for about 5 seconds. This will clear the memory buffer.
Firmware Version V1.1
1) Fixes camera freeze/crash when GPS is on and trying to connect to Viofo app.