Viofo A129 Firmware
Viofo A129 Firmware
Firmware updates for Viofo A129 dash camera. This includes the A129 DUO.
Caution! Incorrectly installing firmware can cause your camera to become inoperable. Sometimes permanently. Firmware listed on this site comes directly from the manufacturer. Install at your own risk and only if you feel confident in doing so.
Do not install this on the A129 DUO IR camera!! FYI, the firmware will install and work, but is not meant for the A129 DUO IR camera and will have settings/options not available on the regular A129/A129 DUO.
A129 Update Instructions:
1. Download the firmware file
2. Unzip (if needed) the FWA129.bin file using available unzip programs, e.g. WinZip or 7-Zip
3. Copy the FWA129.bin file directly onto the microSD card root file, not in any folders (card must be in Fat32 format – formatting the card inside the camera will make it Fat32). Using a card reader is the recommended way to get the file onto the memory card.
4. Insert the microSD card into the camera and power it on via a 5V/1A power source, e.g. USB wall charger, cigarette lighter car adapter or power bank, it will start upgrade automatically. Do not use your computers USB ports!
5. While upgrading, the front REC red LED starts blinking (the light blinks slowly at the beginning, then blinks quickly), when the lights stop blinking, that means the upgrade is finished. The camera will restart and the firmware file will be deleted automatically.
6. IMPORTANT!! Now go into the menu and manually default your cameras settings. Do not miss this step!
7. Once the camera restarts, use a paper clip, or something similar, and press the reset button on the side of the camera. There is the letter R just above the reset button hole on the left side of the camera. Press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds. This will clear the memory buffer.
Firmware Version V1.9
1. Support setting Parking G-sensor and motion detection sensitivity on APP
2. Fixed G-sensor sensitivity in Parking Mode recording issue.
Warning: Users still feel the parking mode g-sensor is not working properly.
Firmware Version V1.8
- Added: Buffered Parking Mode
- Added: G-sensor and Motion detection sensitivity setting for Parking Mode
- Updated: MIC icon and GPS icon
Firmware Version V1.5
- Added: New parking mode solution, support VIOFO 2-wire and 3-wire ACC hardwire kit
- Added: 2fps, 3fps options for time lapse parking mode
- Added: Support show SSID, Car License number, Customize Text on APP.
- Added: Support rear camera mirror
- Added: Time zone option: -2:30
- Updated: Support take a video snapshot while locking the video by bluetooth remote control
- Updated: Wake up the screen first when you press the Menu / Rec / Mic / Video Source switch button in screen save mode;
- Updated: Date format YY/MM/DD changed to YY-MM-DD
- Updated: Enter parking mode duration 90s changed to 5mins while using 2-wire hardwire kit
Firmware Version V1.3
1. Improved: Stability for Bluetooth connection
Firmware Version V1.2
1. Fixed: Random screen freezing issue.
2. Changed: Beep will be totally off, if set to Beep Off in system settings.
3. Changed: If screen is in screensaver mode, the first press of a button will turn on the screen and will perform the button function.